I am a Clinical Psychologist and Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (registered with HCPC, BPS). I also have a Masters Degree in Speech and Language Therapy. I have 15 years of experience working in mental health. My roles in the public service have generally been split between generic mental health and neurodevelopmental teams (working with children and young people with learning difficulties, ASD and/ ADHD). For the last year, I have been working at a Specialist Trauma Service for children and young people as a Senior Trauma Therapist.
I am accredited as a CBT Psychotherapist by the British Association of Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), an association that promotes high standards of training, knowledge and application of Cognitive and Behavioural Psychotherapies CBT).
How can I help?
I can help people with a variety of difficulties, including depression and low mood, as well as anxiety disorders (generalised anxiety disorder, panic disorder, agoraphobia, social anxiety and specific phobias).
I have extensive experience of working with children, young people and adults with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), which is one of my areas of special interest.
I also have extensive experience in working with children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
About the therapy
The ultimate goal of therapy is to help people feel better in the areas they are unhappy about. In our work together, we will draw a map of your problems. For some people this may focus on what is going on for you at the moment, for other people, it may be important to find out a little more about where and when the difficulties started, to change the way they are affecting you at present.
- PG Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Oxford
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Essex
- PG Diploma in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, King’s College London
- Specialist Training in Clinical Psychology, Reina Sofia University Hospital (Spain)
- MSc in Speech and Language Therapy, UNED (Spain)
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology, University of Malaga (Spain)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) for adults, children and attachment focused EMDR
- Narrative Therapy Level 1 & 2
- Functional Family Therapy
- Incredible Years Parenting Programme
- Narrative Exposure Therapy (NET) and NET for Children (KIDNET)
- Child Accelerated Trauma Treatment (CATT) Level 2 & 3
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
In my spare time, I collaborate with Action for Child Trauma International, which has the aim of helping children who have experienced trauma to move forward with their lives. As part of my role with the charity, I have trained in the use of CATT (Child Accelerated Trauma Treatment), a therapeutic protocol aimed at improving children’s quality of life, and reducing symptoms of trauma using a cognitive-behavioural technique. For more details on what they do, please follow this link: https://actinternational.org.uk/